It is vital in a medical crisis to get help ASAP. In some cases the decision could be the difference between life and death.
FIRST: If you are too sick, hurt or too distressed about a sick loved one to drive safely, don’t hesitate to call Life Med Ambulance Service immediately on 0861 086 911. By means of transporting a patient to hospital with an ambulance will be the safest way to get to the emergency room without creating another emergency.
SECOND: How do you know if the injury or illness is a true medical emergency? The following guidelines can help you make that decision – ask yourself one of these questions, if the answer is “yes”, phone Life Med Ambulance Service immediately.
- Does the patients’ condition seem life threating?
- Could the patient get worse and become life threatening on the way to the hospital?
- Does the patient experience pain?
- Will you get delayed in traffic?
- If you try to move the person, will it likely lead to more harm?
Common symptoms and signs that indicate a medical emergency are:
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulty
- Pain in the chest or abdomen that last two minutes or longer
- Dizziness, weakness or fainting (unconsciousness)
- Vision changes – such as double vision
- Speaking difficulties
- Mental confusion
- Sudden or severe pain
- Person in labour
- Bleeding that won’t stop after 10 minutes or longer
- Coughing up blood
- Suicidal feelings
- Severe allergic reaction, such as to an insect bite
- Severe burns
- Trauma example: Gunshots, drowning and motor vehicle accident
Advantages of calling an ambulance:
- An ambulance ride provides more than a fast trip to the Emergency Room.
- The Paramedics or Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT’s) on board can provide pain relief on route and fluid replacements (example: a person who is in shock can receive IV fluids right away)
- The Paramedics can also inform the ER of your condition before you arrive.
You call; we haul….no accident too big or small.
Save our emergency number now on your phone under “A” for Ambulance – Life Med 0861 086 911
Leave a reply →